Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Two weeks in.

Mostly I have spent my time sending out resumes, and making up for every moment of sleep I have lost in the past five years. I can now sleep a record breaking 11 hours straight. Normally during the work week I would get 6-7 hours sleep, tops. Yikes! Of course I'd rather keep my schedule to a more normal midnight to nine am, but forget it, it's already more like 2 AM until noon.

I have to start making follow up calls, which I hate the most. I feel like I am bothering these people, and they feel bothered. But apparently being persistent is the way to go here, and when I was working, getting physicians to pass in their paperwork, really the only way was constant calling.

I'm not good at selling myself. And I have a fear of rejection. But if I ever want to work again in this economy, I have to suck it up and throw myself out there.

Yesterday I went to a friend's house to watch the Inauguration, along with a few others...I am so happy that this Bush Presidency is over. Change has come. At least I hope.

A neighbor across the street put three chairs out to mark their "space" on the street. There is a lot of snow, so people are starting to get all temperamental about their spaces. Listen, it is a CITY STREET. You don't get to reserve your spot. I bet this person also takes two seats on the el. Anyway, my friend Dave who picked me up ran their chairs over. I hope they didn't see me coming out of my house?!? One is broken, the other two were moved. When I last looked outside, they were piled up in the snow.

Also, I was slacking on telling people I am a hobo. I said it on facebook but really didn't say much else. It hurt, in the beginning, but I put that past me now and I can talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment