Friday, January 23, 2009

First phone interview

I did it! I survived my first phone interview. God I hate those things. But it went okay, I was totally running off the rails a few times it felt like, but the woman talking to me was casual so I felt a little less..on edge. I did get an in person interview at the end, sadly though, this office is moving from downtown to the NW suburbs...and they don't know yet which suburb they are moving to...maybe Rosemont, maybe Schaumburg, or someplace called Rolling Meadows. Where? Anyway, it will be good practice for me as I am completely rusty. This would be a good job for me, I think, I just hope they don't move to some hell on earth burb. I am NOT INTERESTED in that. If worst came to worst, I could survive Rosemont with a car, but no, not Schaumburg. Forget it.

She asked me what I am doing with my spare time, I told her piano, sewing, and book reading. And she asked me what book I was reading...I told her about Sarah Vowell's The Wordy Shipmates that I just finished. Funny book, and easy read. I really liked her other book, Assination Vacation, too.

And that concludes this portion of Kristen's Book Review.

I should have mentioned the plethora of dinners from scratch I have been whipping up lately. Our usual take out places must think we moved or something. I probably cooked three days a week before, but we did get Calo, Thai Aroma, or whatever else was handy to our house a few days a week...and on the weekends we ate out alot for lunch or brunch. Which reminds me, I have to go to Jewel and get the fixings for some tomato sauce for tomorrow's lasagna. Uh oh, I have to go outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment